Email Attorney Hillary Bibicoff
Hillary Bibicoff is an experienced and respected transactional entertainment attorney. Hillary’s years as an executive at motion picture production and distribution companies, first at LIVE Home Video and then as Vice President of Theatrical Business & Legal Affairs at Rysher Entertainment, give her practical business perspective and a strategic advantage in negotiations. Her practice focuses on the following areas:
- Negotiating talent deals , including actors, hosts, directors, writers, authors and independent producers
- Book, screenplay and life story option/purchase agreements
- Book publishing
- Film finance
- Licensing and merchandising
- Sponsorships and endorsements
- Participation audit negotiations
Hillary’s clients range from “up and coming” to established talent, independent producers and companies in various entertainment fields, including:
- Television – scripted and unscripted
- New Media
- Live events
- Advertising and promotion, including direct sales
Represented 24 Hour Fitness in connection with its agreement to sponsor “The Biggest Loser” and its agreement with Magic Johnson for 24 Hour Fitness Clubs by Magic Johnson, as well as in connection with various spokesperson deals.
Represented Banc of America Capital Investors and M/C Venture Partners, the largest investors in Legendary Pictures, in connection with their $500 million 25 picture film finance deal with Warner Bros.
Represented Kathy Bates in connection with her series deal with Warner Bros. for "Harry’s Law."
Negotiated James Cameron and Earthship Productions’ financing, production and distribution agreements for the 3D large format films "Ghosts of the Abyss" and "Aliens of the Deep” the Discovery Channel specials "James Cameron’s Bismarck" and "Titanic Live ’05" and the cave diving thriller "Sanctum."
Represented John Eisendrath and Dan Knauf in connection with their agreements for hit show “The Blacklist” as well as John’s overall deal with Sony and Dan’s prior deals, including “Dracula” and “Carnivale.”
Represented Pam Fryman in connection with her agreements to direct and executive produce “Three Sisters" "Just Shoot Me" and "How I Met Your Mother," as well as multiple pilot directing agreements.
Represented Jim Lampley in connection with his overall broadcasting and first look agreements with HBO.
Represented Prime Focus in connection with various conversion and special effects agreements.
Represented Touchdown Entertainment in connection with production legal work for the 2014 Super Bowl, Super BowlXLVIII.
Represented Toho Co., Ltd. in connection with its 2010 sale to Legendary Pictures of the right to produce the recent hit "Godzilla" feature.
Represented Vaupen & Baker and Dan Staley in connection with their executive producer agreements for “Good Luck Charlie.”
Hillary is very active on many Boards and organizations in the entertainment industry. She has authored articles on acquisition of rights for film and television and profit participations, and speaks regularly at various universities and entertainment industry events. Her industry activities and service include the following:
- IFTA arbitrator
- Foundation Board Trustee, Women in Film Foundation
- Advisory Committee Member, UCLA Entertainment Law Symposium
- Executive Committee Member, Professional Representatives Section of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Independent Film Project Member
- Los Angeles Copyright Society Member
- Co-Chair Emeritus, Women’s Entertainment Network
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer 2004, 2006-2014, a designation awarded to only the top five percent of lawyers in Southern California
- Named a Top Woman Attorney in Southern California 2012 and 2013
- Chosen as one of Hollywood’s “top new generation deal makers” by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Received a Woman of Achievement Award from the Women's Business Counsel
- Profiled in the Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Featured in The Angelos
- Cooper, Epstein & Hurewitz, Associate, 9/1991 - 12/1993
- LIVE Home Video, Inc., Director of Legal & Business Affairs, 12/1993 – 12/1995
- Rysher Entertainment, Inc., 1/1996 – 12/1996, Director, Theatrical Business & Legal Affairs
- Rysher Entertainment, Inc. 1/1996 - 5/1997, Vice President, Theatrical Business & Legal Affairs
- Greenberg Glusker, 5/1997 - 12/2000, Associate, Transactional Entertainment Department
- Greenberg Glusker, 1/2001 - 4/2012, Partner, Transactional Entertainment Department
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where she was the Burns Scholar, Loyola’s highest academic scholarship, and Recipient of the National Association of Women Lawyers Award as the outstanding female graduate